Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Pumpkins, Super Heros, and Kung Fu Andrew

This year I decided to try my hand at carving a pumpkin with something other than triangle eyes and a toothy grin. After seeing the creations that some of you have posted on line, I decided I could do it, too...how hard could it be??? HA! Well, Collin picked a relatively easy bat pattern (he calls it Batman). Andrew, of course, decided on a more challenging, Darth Vader. All in all, I think they turned out OK, but boy was my hand sore the next day. Can you get carpel tunnel from pumpkin carving?




The boys had a great time trick or treating. The wonderful warm weather made it even nicer...no hurrying from house to house to keep from freezing. I could definitely live in a warmer climate. No problem! Collin had an especially fun time this year trick or treating with his 2 neighborhood friends, Noah and Elijah. They were so cute running up to the houses and yelling "trick or treat" before anyone even came to the door!

Collin kept saying "cheese" as Mike was taking his picture....can you see his smile??

You wouldn't want to meet Kung Fu Andrew in a dark alley!



Andrew, Noah, and Collin are prepared to battle evil, fight crime,
and get some candy!

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

wow...I'm impressed. I could never do Darth Vader. Here's my blog... www.rotramels.blogspot.com

I had fun working with you this Sunday.

November 5, 2008 at 12:37 AM

 
Blogger Christy said...

Your pumpkins are wonderful!

Tell Collin that I can see his "cheese" smile!

How's work??

I need to call...maybe tomorrow?? (Thursday?)

November 12, 2008 at 9:15 PM

 
Blogger Christy said...

From Kindrid:

coyly..."Collin's pumpkin looks cute."

"I like the bat face."

"I miss you guys."

"From Kindrid to the Fiedlers."

November 14, 2008 at 1:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home