Friday, October 17, 2008

Just an update because I know you check this everyday!!

Hi folks,

Well, here's the latest on the job scene. Scott sent me the job description and I sent him my resume and told him I was interested in pursuing the position. I did ask what the pay was - (major job hunting no-no, but why waste every one's time if it isn't financially feasible). Pay is OK...I knew it wouldn't be like $100k/year so I'm cool with what they are paying. Next week I'll go in and meet with Scott and the associate director and see what happens from there. So...by November 1st I could be gainfully employed for the first time in 9 years....YIKES!!

I really appreciate all of the advice everyone has been giving me. I do feel like this is a God thing and probably the right thing at the right time. When I thought about it I was like....What other jobs are there in Washington, working 3 days a week only during school hours, decent pay, and in a ministry that I really support???? HMMMM. There will be some details to work out with childcare for the summers and days off school (thanks Jessica and Christy for the advice on that), but Scott said summers are very flexible. So, we'll see. Now that I'm all psyched and ready to do this, if I don't get the job I'm gonna be bummed.

In other news....

Stacy Wagner and her kids (friends from church who moved away this summer) are coming for the weekend. Her kids have a 4 day weekend and my kids are super excited to see their friends. Andrew said last night that he wasn't going to think about Brooks at all today during school so that the day would go faster - and he hoped that wouldn't hurt Brooks' feelings. It will be good to spend some time with them. And it was extra incentive to get my house cleaned.

Hope you all have a great weekend!! For those of you out-of-staters it's going to be a nice fall weekend - sunny tomorrow with a little chill. We are going to build a fire in the fire pit and have s'mores. Should be fun!

R.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

Can't wait to hear how it goes!

October 19, 2008 at 2:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home