Monday, October 13, 2008

To Work or Not To Work

Since both boys are in school now, I've had thoughts about getting a .....JOB!! Just part time of course, and I want to work only while the boys are at school and not every day. It's a pretty scary thought because I really like my free time and getting the house clean, going grocery shopping, helping at school, etc... But it would be nice to have some extra income since we are planning a big trip to Germany and France for next summer.
.
On Sunday at church we saw our old neighbors the Seynemeiers. They were visting RCC for the 2nd time and we are so hoping they will decide to start attending there. Anyway...Scott is the area director for Young Life and he mentioned that he needed a new office administrator. My ears perked up and I asked what were the hours?? M, W, F: 9 - 3. Well...that pretty much fits into my schedule, plus his office is in Washington just a couple blocks from school. I told him I would call this week to talk about it more. So, now I need to make a decision!!

It would be a nice job. Scott is a super great guy, and he said the hours are flexible if I have things that come up. Plus, and this is a biggie, I would actually be working in a ministry that is very worthwhile. If you don't know what Young Life is....www.younglife.org. Of course, it doesn't necessarily mean he will hire me if I decide to apply...but...

So, friends, give me your thoughts on this new opportunity in my life!! I welcome any and all opinions!

9 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

Sounds perfect for you!!

Can I put a link to your blog on mine?

October 13, 2008 at 2:40 PM

 
Blogger Christy said...

Never mind...I see you put a link to mine on yours so I'm going to just assume it's OK to put yours on mine and just do it! :O)

October 13, 2008 at 2:41 PM

 
Blogger Pam said...

I think it's a God-thing that the position is open at this time...better listen to Him !!!

October 13, 2008 at 2:58 PM

 
Blogger Jessica said...

Wow- that is awesome! Something to think about though would be the summer when the boys are out of school and holidays when the boys are out of school for Easter and Christmas break.....Those are 2 things that a woman pointed out a few weeks ago when we were talking about our futures and what we would like to do when the kiddos start school...

October 13, 2008 at 3:12 PM

 
Blogger Heatharlyne Wilkes said...

I have no great advice, but I will pray about it! I've actually been praying for you quite a bit lately without really knowing why...now perhaps I do!

I'm going to echo Christy...do you want a link from my blog to yours?

Love ya,
Heatharlyne

October 14, 2008 at 6:47 AM

 
Blogger Susan Fiedler said...

AS your sister-in-law, I agree, it's time to re-enter the work force. (That way you'll have enough $$ to bring Kurt some new lederhosen & me a new dirndl back from the Deutschland !!) Wish we were rich like you guys and could go visit all the relatives back home . Your kids have traveled more than me and I"M AN ADULT :)

October 14, 2008 at 7:13 AM

 
Blogger Monica said...

My first thought is, 'Why the he// not?' But I suppose there's quite a bit to consider. It seems like a perfectly timed, perfectly-well- suited-for-Robin "coincidence"! I'll ask God to bring you clear direction and peace.

October 14, 2008 at 3:12 PM

 
Blogger Monica said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

October 14, 2008 at 3:14 PM

 
Blogger Christy said...

Jessica brings up a good point. What about summer and vacations???

October 14, 2008 at 6:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home